"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

May be we should have a public hotline 125 for non-emergency cases



The picture above shows a damaged handrail at the Punggol End jetty. If left unrepaired, it might cause accident to people who walk up and down the stairs especially the elderly. Many people are still not safety conscious and public-spirited enough. I am not sure when it was damaged. Frankly, I was not sure who I should call to report such a problem, so I called 995. The officer attended to me and told me I should call the town council. Is this under the jurisdiction of the town council? I am not too sure.

But, one thing I am sure is, it is quite a norm here in Singapore when you call one party, you would usually get referred to call other parties. May be that is the reason why many people just could not be bothered even when they see things not right or amiss. I think the tai-chi (pushing to others) attitude must change.

May be the authority should install another special public hotline 125 ( want to file!) for people to call and file a report on anything that is non-emergency in nature and the call centre could help channel the case to the relevant authority or department for action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home