"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ADVERSITY encourages CREATIVITY



If you are still holding on to one of those notebook PCs that are about five years old, some of the hardware components might have reached the end of their lifespan. In my case, all the USB ports refuse to function anymore and some of the keys on the keyboard are dead.

To repair the USB chipset on the motherboard and replace the original keyboard, it would cost S$120 and S$180 respectively. So, I asked around in the market and discovered that there was such a hardware called 2-Port USB 2.0 PC Card that fits into the PCMCIA slot that is found in most older generation notebook PCs. I got it for only S$30. That gives me two working USB ports again. Then, I bought an external keyboard for $11.

Now, both the problems are solved and I am enjoying the extended use of my five-year-old notebook for just S$41 instead of S$300. This is certainly an economical solution during bad times. I think adversity encourages creativity, if we apply our creative mind to the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home