"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How well could you handle a customer's complaint?

Today, I observed some discrepancies in my phone bill, and so I called up the Customer Service Department of the telecommunications company. I was served by an officer in the call centre who apparently gave me the wrong information which I knew outrightly that it was wrong. So, I politely asked her if that was right, and she replied with a confident yes. I asked again if she was sure and I had no alternative but to tell her that she was wrong. Eventually, she checked again with her supervisor and came back apologising for her mistake. It appeared that she was not in the position to address my issues with the bill, so I requested for her manager to call me back.

Before the day ended, the manager called me and she was listening responsively, and eventually she understood my concerns and made some adjustments to the bill. I was impressed with her responsiveness and her cool attitude in customer relations. Customer relations job is never an easy one, for customers' problems come in all shapes and sizes. The customer relations staff have to be well-trained to handle different scenarios calmly and tactfully.

It is not all bad and negative about customer relations, when they do a good job, they would get appreciation from customers. I knew of one manager who had done extremely well and had helped many customers solve their problems. She told me she had received so many letters of appreciation and commendation that occupied a few arch files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home