"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

A little act of grace could bring happiness to someone in need...

I happened to speak to a mother of two young boys, whose husband was currently working abroad. She was reportedly strapped in a certain situation involving school admission for her elder son. She appeared helpless while simply hoping that her son would get a place in a school despite being placed on the waiting list without any assurance of a place.

Besides waiting, she was not sure what else she could do. I suggested that she sought the help of her Member of Parliament (MP) to explain her situation, hopefully the MP could render her some practical help. I knew jolly well that she would not know where to find the MP, and so when I finished my work, I went to a notice board and hand-copied the relevant information for her and brought that piece of information to her.

She was so pleasantly surprised when I appeared at her gate again. She was almost moved to tears. With much gratitude and appreciation, she thanked me profusely while telling her son what I have done to help him.

Frankly, what I did was just a simple act anybody or her neighbours could do. But, I guess most people are perhaps too busy with their own things. Most of us are blessed in one way or other, and it would be good if we could bless others in any way we can, sometimes, it does not take much effort, but the willingness to help.

The moral of this story is: A simple or little act of grace could bring happiness to someone in need.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home