"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Man Who Has Learned, but FORGOTTEN to UNLEARN and RELEARN...

A friend of mine from another MLM company invited me to meet up with one of his top leaders from Malaysia. He made special effort to arrange for the appointment and he even took no-pay time-off to sit through the discussion with me. I am deeply appreciative of his kind gesture.

However, when I was sitting across the round meeting table face to face with this top leader who is apparently a veteran in the MLM industry for the last 29 years, after breaking the ice, he started throwing his weight around.

He started bashing almost every MLM company and their system, pointing out all their negative features and shortcommings. He even commented on a person who has changed a few MLM companies within a relatively short period of time. I was just waiting to see when he is going to stop criticising all these companies and their systems. When he did not stop and i could bear no longer, I stopped him and asked if he could tell me about what is so good and so great about his present company.

When he started explaining, frankly, his company is NOT at all different from those that he bashed earlier. Earlier on, he commented about that person who switched a few MLM companies. So, I presumed that he had stayed in the same company for the last 29 years. But, to my rude shock, he has switched five MLM companies within the 29 years. So, is he any different from that person just mentioned? He even made remarks that were wrong, about a certain company whose background I know pretty well. I knew he did not get his facts right!

As far as I am concerned. this man has committed many mistakes in his business conduct and communication. He should not have run down other companies. He should just tell people about the strengths and good things about his present company! He should not be "A pot calling the kettle black". It is common that people switch from one company to another regardless of industry. I just feel that his 29 years of experience is simply one year of experience repeated for 29 years!!! I told him towards the end of the meeting that today, we should "Learn, Unlearn and Relearn". Whatever that was applicable 29 years ago might not be relevant or usable anymore today!!!

He also told me that he has authored a couple of booklets when he knew that I am an author. So, when I requested for a copy of his book for exchange. He hesitated for a while and pulled out a copy from his briefcase, but with much discomfort, he said that that was the booklet he wrote when he was with the previous company. It is no longer applicable today since he has already left that company. Hmmm... He probably hate my guts! My friend seemed to "idiolise" him so much! I wonder why?

Well, humility is hard to come by nowadays! Pride comes before any fall!