"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Good learning attitudes that are hard to come by these days...

I spoke to an elderly man aged 68 crowned with very uniform silvery hair, who was very well-cultured and was listening very attentively and in humility to what I was telling him about my book. Later in the conversation, he told me he was a church pastor, as we progressed further into the conversation, I realised that he was the pastor we used to listen to some 20 years back. He looked so different now, at least I was not able to tell it was him. I was glad to know that he is still physically, mentally and spiritually alert. What a joy it was that we met! What impressed me more was that he was working on his laptop when I called at his place, and was preparing the weekly bulletion for his church. It is amazing that at this age, he is still living a purpose-driven life, working in the church and involving in some voluntary work, too. A good exemplary to many of us.

On a separate occasion, I spoke with this young lady in her early twenties, who was educated in a local tertiary institution, worked for a few years and spent two years in Korea learning Korean Language. Frankly, who would do what she did? A very unique lady who is unconventional, non-stereotyped and likes to do things most people don't think of doing. She really has a mind of her own. We spoke a great deal about life and career. Though she is young, she possesses very good attitude in learning and in life. Her mother was so hospitable that she even offered me a packet of drinks when I just meant to be there for a short while. May be I should say, like mother, like daughter. What impressed me more was that she is such an attentive listener, keen learner and enterprising adult. I have the feeling that one day, she would emerge in some great unprecendented ways. Another person with good examples we can learn from - Dare to be different.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home