"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Addressing The Young Entrepreneurs Network (YEN)

Larry and I were invited to speak to a small group of aspiring entrepreneurs from the Young Entrepreneurs Network (YEN) in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. YEN is under the leadership of a capable student President, Stanley Chia. Also present at the seminar was Ms Dorene Yeo, Senior Lecturer and Manager, Entrepreneurs-Connect @ NP .

I think nobody could introduce us better than we introducing each other. Larry was being positioned as a telcopreneur while I was the edupreneur™. As usual, Larry has never failed to impress and inspire his audience with his speech eloquence. He shared interestingly and with great humour, nine practical tips about being an entrepreneur. The first being "now + now + now = WOW". He has towards the end of his presentation, delivered a little "sermon" touching on the spirituality part of a successful entrepreneur. Indeed, a good spiritual balance is of utmost importance.

I took over the floor and continued to share some of my latest thoughts drawing experiences from my speaking engagements in schools and in business organisations, the ideas in my two published books and the findings of talking to many young people recently. I highlighted the importance of emotional intellgence in business success and the fact that many entrepreneurs were polytechnic graduates. I also explained the reason why.

Last night, a student emailed me, expressing confused but keen interest in learning how to start a business while in school. He could not imagine how he could start a business. I would be replying to him soon. In fact, many students above the age of 18 could already start earning while learning. They just have to break away and set themselves free from the traditional mindset.

Larry and I would like to wish all these aspiring entrepreneurs great and continued success in studies, in life and in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home