"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Group of ENTHUSIASTIC PARENTS...

I am thankful that the talk I conducted this morning at Maha Bodhi School for the parents received positive response and good feedback from the participating parents. The parents were listening so attentively throughout. Occasionally, I saw some couples whispering to one another seemingly discussing about the implementation of some of the ideas I shared. That really inspired me. I am sure many ideas I presented to them were unheard of. Those were the useful experience I had gathered all these years.

The talk was jointly organised by the school and the PSG chaired by Mr Richard Chua. It was just before the talk that I found out that Richard was actually my ex-colleague. We have not met each other for more than 15 years. With a quick introduction, we quickly recollected some of the memories. I was told the PSG was just set up last August. From my experience as the founding chairman of two other PSGs, I believe this PSG would grow from strength to strength, built on the good partnership between the school and the parents.

Towards the end of the talk, I opened to the floor for Q&A. A good number of questions were addressed. There were parents who shared their positive experience in parenting by example.

After the talk, many parents were queueing up to buy my books. I was impressed with their enthusiasm in learning. I am deeply appreciative of the help extended to me by the Treasurer of the PSG, Ms Ai Lin. She was the one who helped me with order taking and payments. The books were sold out and many of them placed order for the next delivery. I am indeed grateful to those parents who have purchased or ordered the books. It is my fervent prayer that all the readers be blessed.

There were also parents who sought my advice on some home-based business ideas. I applaud them for such forward-looking attitude. Indeed, today, home-based business presents a good solution to parents who want to spend more time with their children at home and yet could earn some income by working from home.

There were quite a number of parents who stayed back to chat with me about some personal situations and asked for my advice. Well, I wish I could have more time for them. There was a mother who queued up so patiently just to ask for my name card. I felt bad. But, I really enjoyed the whole session that was so wonderfully organised and executed.

After this talk, I was heading to chair another business meeting at 2pm. It was indeed a beautiful Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home