"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

An HOD with Good Emotional Intelligence !!! - Mr Kandesan

I was invited by Mr Kandesan, the Head of Department (HOD), Pupil Development of Elias Park Primary School, to conduct a Motivational Talk to about 200 Primary 5 students. Mr Kandesan is the first in my eight years of school speaking engagements that sat through the entire session of my Motivational Talk, interactively participating in the talk and at appropriate time, reinforcing some of the ideas that I presented to the students. It certainly enhances the impact of the message on the students.

I would like to register my deep appreciation for Mr Kandesan for being quick to see the value of my work. He is able to connect well with people at all levels. Despite being a Discipline Master, I could see that he is such an approachable person whom many students went to for advice and help. I saw him in action with my own eyes.

He is certainly a very special person whom I have met, with very high EQ! He feels that in any partnership, it has to be win-win. I related to him some incidents that happened to me with other schools where the partnership was one of win-lose. There were a couple of schools where I was taken for a ride, and a free ride of course!!!