"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Looking for Battery Pack Replacement? Read This Blog!

Recently, the battery pack of my notebook computer died a natural death. It held zero charge and could not be charged anymore. I contacted the manufacturer of my computer to enquire on the price of a replacement battery pack. It costs around $200.

In the spirit of cost-cutting, I wasn't prepared to pay too much for the battery pack because the computer is already more than three years old. So, I called up a good friend of mine who is in the computer business. He told me that there is a shop at Sim Lim Square that repairs and sells batteries. Hearing that, I was excited. I went down the next day to find out if my dead battery could be revived. If it could be repaired (by changing the six cells inside the pack), it costs $96. Well, I left it there. They took a week to check and test, I believe they did because they actually cut it open, but it was beyond repair. I had no alternative but to get a new one from the same shop. It costs $140 plus, and is made in Japan. It has been working well so far.

I discovered that this shop sells pratically all kinds of battery packs for most of our modern day electronic gadgets, such as digital camera, mobile phone, PDAs etc. Besides the battery packs, the shop carries other items such as batteries, battery charger, battery parts, battery holder, battery connector and AC/DC power supply.

I am sharing this piece of information on a voluntary basis without any monetary gains. The owner of the shop does not know that I am advertising free-of-charge for him. You may visit their website at http://www.battery.com.sg/