"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Friday, September 25, 2009

"Dogs are more grateful than humans", said the old folks.

Dogs are traditionally deemed faithful companions of men. They are being usefully and dutifully employed to run errands and do various appointed tasks such as guarding the house, sniffing out drugs, weapons and suspects, guiding the blind, guarding the flock, etc. They are grateful creatures, too.

A couple of years ago, when a friend of mine went overseas for holidays for 10 days, I was asked to help take care of this Pomeranian in the owner's home. Even with that short stint, the dog has never forgotten me for what I have done for him. Why do I say that?

Each time when I visit the family, not very often though, this dog will come running to me at the gate, standing up on two legs with the front legs reaching up to me. It would always hang around me when I am there as if trying to tell me that he missed me so much.

You might think that is the friendly nature of Pomeranian, but reportedly, this dog is unfriendly towards a couple of the family members who have been unfriendly towards him. If this dog could speak, it might say, "I am just doing unto you what you have done unto me, it is just an eye for an eye!" Dogs are human-like.

Many old folks used to say, "Dogs are more grateful than humans", or "keeping dogs is better than bringing up children", especially when their children behave ungratefully or take things for granted. I think there is much truth in what they say.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home