"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Friday, January 06, 2006

What If Tomorrow Never Comes?

When I was with my good friend yesterday, he told me that his immediate superior, an Engineering Manager, aged 47, just passed away. I was told he died in the car in the morning when he was about to go to work. He actually suffered from a heart attack or seizure. My friend told me his manager was even fitter than him and was always very active at work, running around getting things done and chairing meetings and so on. He worked long hours including Saturdays and Sundays. He did have a history of heart conditions. Anyway, it is sad to hear of his death. He is survived by his wife and two teenage children. Well, that is life. No one could predict.

Years back, the father of my eldest son's classmate, riding his motorcycle on his way to work in the morning was knocked down by a car. He died half an hour later. Did he plan for it? Obviously not.

When I share with many people in my seminar that "I live as if I will die tomorrow", some would think that it is a negative thought. Actually, it is not. In fact, that is being positive about life. Yesterday is over. Tomorrow is unknown. What we have is the present moment, today. Most people like to put off to tomorrow what can be done today because they assume that tomorrow will come. But, what if tomorrow never comes?

So, do not procrastinate. Whatever we have to do, do it now. Whatever we have to say, say it now. Whoever we have to hug, hug him/her now. Why do we have to wait until tomorrow? Why must we wait till someone lies in the coffin, then we start giving a long eulogy about him? Would it help more if such praises were said to him when he was alive?

May you be blessed by the message here today. That is why I am publishing it for you today, just in case tomorrow never comes for me. If it comes, thank God for a new day. I will write some more for you. Cheers........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home