"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Is Teaching A Service or A Job?

This evening, I met a lady who was so courteous, pleasant and teacher-like that I guessed that she was a teacher. Of course, I was right! She told me that she is a teacher teaching in Beatty Secondary School. In fact, she is on her way to be a Head of Department as she humbly hinted. But, I forgot to ask for her name!

When I first introduced my book to her, she was listening attentively. I handed the book to her for browsing. When she saw the review written by Ms Elizabeth Chan, Principal of Rosyth School, I could see that her confidence in the quality of the contents in the book shot up. By the way, Ms Elizabeth Chan has contributed some 40 years of her life to education and she is reportedly retired now.

After browsing the book, she bought a copy of the book for her own reading. She mentioned that she would help to bring the book to her school and see how the book and my motivational talk could benefit the students. It was indeed spiritually-uplifting to know that someone really cares. I believe she must be a dedicated teacher.

Speaking about dedicated teacher, Ms Pearly Chai, a Senior Teacher in Punggol Primary School, is indisputably one who deserves a great mention. She was one of the first few educators who wrote a review for my book. I picked her to write the review because she is simply great! Why do I say she is great? As I was moving around my neighbourhood promoting my book, I was amazed that so many students and parents know her. Everyone speaks so highly and wonderfully of her for her dedication , commitment and love for the children. She deserves every letter of the praises. She certainly has done the school proud. I am keenly aware that in school, she has inspired many teachers especially the younger ones.

What makes these teachers so dedicated and committed to the teaching profession? I believe they take teaching as a professional service and a serving profession, rather than a job. Do you agree? Feel free to post your professional comments. Thank you.

May I take this opportunity to encourage all readers of my blog to be thankful for 2005, and look forward to a Happy and Fruitful New Year in 2006. God bless you so that many others may be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home