"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Working for INCOME or INTEREST?

Note: The following paragraphs were extracted from pages 17 and 18 of my book, "I Don't Like MLM!" for your leisure reading.

Would you still do what you are doing if you have $1,000,000 in your savings account right now? This question determines if you are working for INTEREST or for INCOME. If you answer “YES”, you work for INTEREST; if you answer “NO”, you work for INCOME.

Many of us like to say, “I like this job very much”, or “This is my passion”, or “This is my interest”. Conventional thinking has it that if we took an engineering course, we have to work as an engineer, and so our so-called interest is in engineering. The same applies to accountants, lawyers and doctors to name just a few.

I recall those days when I was a Factory Manager interviewing some candidates for the position of Production Engineer. Some of the candidates when asked why they applied for that position, would usually reply by saying, “Well, my interest is in production work”, “or “I am trained in Production Engineering, or “Production Engineering is my passion” etc. My immediate response to that would be, “We pay only $500 per month for a Production Engineer.” The candidate would almost fall off his chair and be very shocked at the low salary being paid. He would look at me in disbelief. Do you see my point here? If he were really working for passion, then he should not be concerned about the amount of salary. So, the truth is that he works for INCOME or money.

As long as we are alive, we have to make a living. To make a living, we need to earn an income. So, we work for income first.

I am sure we have seen many employees hop from one job to another because of better salary. Frankly, if we are paid too little that we could not make our ends meet, what interest or passion are we talking about? On the other hand, if the income is well taken care of, don’t you think we can develop even many more interests or passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home