"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Don't Jump Into Conclusion Too Soon !!!

My copier has been out of order for a couple of weeks. The print was faint with smudges at regular intervals. I have just arranged for the technician from the servicing company to perform a service check.

After troubleshooting for some time, he told me that the rotating drum was dirty at certain areas. He had cleaned it. The other problem was that the paper I use was damp. He proved his point by using the same sheet of paper for the second time when it was already warm. The printout seemed alright!!!

Besides that, he said that it could be due to the moisture because of the rainy season. But, it did not appeal to my logic because the machine has served me through ten Decembers and Januaries. This was the first time I was having such a problem. Later, he told me that certain brands of paper may not be suitable for use on copiers. But, the ones I bought were labelled, " for use with copier, fax and printer". So, what should I do next? Buy new rims of paper and make sure that the paper was not damp , or run my paper through the machine twice to warm it up first, which would double the meter count on the machine? Is there something else that the technician might not know?

Anyway, I would just get a new rim of paper from another source, try it out and see if the problem would be resolved as the technician claimed. It is best to be open-minded and not to jump into conclusion too soon. The technician might just be right.

I was told a story years ago, about a person having persistent knee pains. He tried every kind of medication and treatment available but nothing worked. One day, someone just suggested to him to change his pair of shoes. He did as suggested and true enough, the knee pains went away right after he changed to a new pair of shoes. You see! Being open-minded really helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home