"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Monday, January 09, 2006

What A Joy To See Students Becoming Teachers soon...

Yesterday was another busy Sunday for me.

I started the Sunday by leading the Sunday School congregation in songs. I love the songs so much. I enjoy helping the congregation to sing the songs well. That is part of the Sunday Worship.

After the singing, the students were dispersed into their respective classes. My class which consists of students of Secondary One and above, was considered to be more matured in terms of age, as compared to the other classes. I have a few mothers who are learning together with me in the class weekly. They are truly inspired learners. But, wait a minute... Hmmm.... where are the fathers by the way? Perhaps, we should get fathers into the class huh?

I have made arrangement for four of our more matured students to become Trainee Teachers beginning this year. They are now being seconded to the other classes to understudy and learn. They have been great and wonderful students whom I have seen growing in my Sunday School over the years.

I have started a couple of weeks ago, sharing with my class, "The 12 Steps for Christians". Many real-life stories are shared to make the learning more practical and relevant.

At 11am, we started our Adult Worship Service. The speaker for the day was Rev Ho Kum Weng. He was sharing about "Becoming a Grateful Christian". I was interpreting for him from Mandarin into Hokkien simultaneously. It was the first time I invited him to speak in my church. He spoke about how some Christians say grace (a prayer of thanksgiving for food) at the food court or public eating places. It seems that many of them would suffer headaches before taking the food!!! Why? He observed that some Christians who are afraid to be identified as Christians at the food courts or hawker centres, would usually cover their forehead with their hand or fingers and bow their heads and say their grace hastily to avoid being noticed!!!

At 1.45pm, I started chairing two Committee Meetings consecutively until 6pm. Many issues and concerns were discussed and addressed. I left the church with my committee members and my wife. We went to the nearby coffeeshop to buy dinner home for our children and mother-in-law. We had our dinner together at about 7.30pm.

At 9pm, I did my usual social service by talking to residents in my neighbourhood. I am passionate about sharing my experience with many young adults and students. I spoke to a National Serviceman and we were both inspired. The last person I spoke to was a girl in Secondary 3 with her mother. I could see that the girl was in deep thought listening to me. It was 10.45pm when I was on my way home.

Thank God for a Sunday well spent. How did you spend your Sunday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home