"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Keep The Fire Burning In The Belly!

One day, I met this 19 year old young man. A couple of weeks later, he sent me an email asking me if I could help him learn how to start a business. So, we planned and met up yesterday.

I spent some 2.5 hours with him yesterday, sharing with him my little experience and giving him some practical advice. He was determined to start doing some simple business. He also shared with me very openly his personal situations.

For some reasons, he has not been to church regularly. Now, he is making plans to go back. That is very encouraging! Before he left, he met my family members. In the evening, he sent me an SMS reproduced (without editing) below:

"hey uncle. thanks for all the advise today. really made me wanna do some great for myself. anyway great to meet you and your family. see you and. will contact u soon"

Though the sentences were not so grammatical with some typographical errors, which is common in SMS language, I was touched by the message. It was a simple form of appreciation. This young man (though he dyed his hair) has been very polite from day one. He has been calling me "Uncle Jonathan" as compared to another 18 year old girl whom I was helping, she called me by my name! Frankly, many young people have missed learning these old but fine virtues and values these days. Is it the fallacy of the education system, the parents or the society?

As long as he keeps the fire burning in the belly, is willing to learn and never gives up, he will do well in his studies and in life. Best wishes to him in his endeavours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home