"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Acts of Inconsistency and Dishonesty

Why do people lie? I have witnessed how people tell utterly blatant and contradicting lies!

A woman in her fifties told me, "We bought a lot of books. We have many books at home similar to yours." After a while, she said, "We usually borrow books from library. We don't buy books". I was laughing in my heart. What a lie! It is alright to tell me she does not need my book. That's all." I will pursue no further. But, you see! What a dishonest woman, trying to find excuses (=invalid reasons) for not buying my book, ended up telling such inconsistent lies."

I asked a grandfather if there were children at home who could benefit from my book, he told me, "We don't have children at home." As soon as he finished the sentence, the grandson suddenly appeared behind him." lol!!!

When I appeared at the gate asking if there were students at home, the grandmother told me, "We don't have students at home." So, I pointed to a pair of white school shoes on the shoe rack just beside her. She hesitated for a while and answered, "she is not staying here." One lie after another. It is so funny, isn't it?

I spoke to a teenaged girl and she told me from young, she never likes to study. She looked quite matured, so I asked if she was working? She said, "No, I am studying." That was utter rubbish! I could not hold the nonsense anymore, so I told her, "Since you don't like to study from young, why are you still studying? Why not quit studying and start working??" She replied, "I will consider".

One mother said, "We bought books that cost $2000-$3000 for the children. But, the children don't read them". So, I asked, "Are they encyclopedias?" She answered, "yes". I told her, "Nobody reads encyclopedias lah! They are used as reference only. Moreover, nowadays, there is an abundance of online encyclopedias. Just type "encyclopedia" into Google Search box, you get 145 million websites that link you to encyclopedias" Then, she said, "But, your book costs $10. So expensive!" I just can't understand the logic?! Can you?

In fact, it is not hard to find people who are consistently inconsistent and truly dishonest in what they think and say! How do these elderly expect to mould a younger generation with honesty and integrity?