"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Monday, August 03, 2009

A selfish guy who always says, ''Nothing new.''

In one of the companies where I worked, there was a manager, each time after he attended a talk or seminar, when I asked him, ''How was the seminar?'', he would always reply, ''Nothing new!''. Is it true that there was nothing new? I don't think so.

I had been observing him in the course of work and I realised that he was a very selfish person with high inferiority complex. He was not too academically qualified but was promoted to the manager's post through rank-and-file. He was very afraid that his own staff would overtake him in terms of position, so he kept lots of knowledge and information to himself. That was the reason why he said' ''Nothing new!''. By saying that, he need not share anything that he has learnt, and he could keep everything to and for himself. He was so naive in his thinking.

We are in an age of information explosion and overflow, just type in any word in any search engine, there would be at least thousands or millions of sites right before your eyes. What is there to be so secretive about information and knowledge learnt? I just can't understand this selfish and ''kia-su'' (fear of losing) guy!

In fact, I always believe, the best way to learn is to teach and share. That is why I am sharing with you what I know through the blogs here. If you have been reading my blogs, may be it is time you share your thoughts and experience with me, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home