"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Challenge The Assumptions and Start Asking WHY!

I just had my haircut this afternoon. This is the second time I went to this hair salon, operated by two female hairstylists, just across the road from where I stay. It takes less than one minute to be there. I wonder why all these years, I have never thought of going to this hair salon that is so near my house. Instead, I have been going to another barber shop operated by about ten male barbers, in Hougang Mall located about 15-minute-walk away. Why?

I believe this is one of the classic examples of doing things without asking why! We are always very comfortable doing the same old thing over and over again. We are not comfortable to move beyond the comfort zone.

As I always share in my seminars, "If we continue to do what we have been doing, we would continue to get what we have been getting. If we want a change in life, we have to change what we are doing." Isn't this true?

We should start challenging assumptions, asking why certain things must be done in a certain way. Why can't it be done in another way? Having said this, it does not mean that we should start changing things for the sake of changing. Anything that is fundamental and works, do not change it. All that needs to be done is to improve on it, add on other features and enhance it so that it produces better results.

Think of the various situations in school, at home and at work and see how we can apply this principle to improve our performance and results.

Here is another original phrase using the acronym, "CHANGE". CHANGE = Comfortable Habits Always Never Generate Excellence.



----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home