"Sky Fruit"Immunity BoosterHealthy KidneyStudent MotivationMLM Book

ReadFlection ...

This is a personal blog aimed at sharing useful information, pictures and videos with those who believe in lifelong learning.

Copyright © 2005-2014 by Jonathan Ooi. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form by any means without the prior consent of the author.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

It is hard to change the spots of a leopard!

In a recent coversation with an old friend, I was told about an ex-colleague who seemed to have problems interacting and communicating with people everywhere.

I remember those days when we were colleagues, this lady used to call me even at odd hours whenever she had problems related to work, even though I was not her superior. But, there was a period of time she stopped talking with me and even refused to respond to me when I greeted her in the mornings. It was only later I found out that when she wanted an advice badly from me and I was not able to give her a definite answer, she started to bear a grudge against me. I was surprised at her behaviour.

She simply could not get along with almost everyone in the office. Eventually, she decided to leave that company on her own accord and joined one of my friends' company. I was told that she also had many problems there and lately I was told that she left my friend's company and went back to the previous company. She left in a huff and good riddance. Her leaving was a great relief to many. I feel sorry for her for she knows not what she does. I hope she has learnt her lessons by now and would settle down in the old company for good. But, it is hard to change the spots of a leopard.

Her problems, as I see them, are very much mental and psychological in nature. Changing workplace is not the solution to her problem, but changing her mental attitudes and balancing her psychological perspectives might be helpful for her. She is being too self-centred and self-righteous. That's the biggest obstacle to her personal growth and relationship with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home